Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas at Lebone Land

At Christmas time we often start thinking of ways to give back to the community we live in. Through friends I found out that Lebone Land, a local home for Aids orphans and HIV+ children, needed someone to help them do a Christmas play, involving all the children, and to be performed for the enjoyment of staff, their families, benefactors, and interested folk.













I chose "Amahl and the Night Visitors", a very optimistic choice on my part! However the children were all 'Stars' the night of the performance, loving every minute of their time in the spotlight.

It was such a positive experience for me that I am hoping to teach there on a regular basis in the coming year. Just look at those faces! How can you not want to make their lives better!


Please check on their website. There may be a way you too can contribute to the lives and education of these children.








No comments:

Post a Comment