Saturday, May 22, 2010

Not your everyday frustrations....

Frustrating news for Friday studio at Die Kuierhoekie!  I have just been informed we will NOT be able to use the hall on the 4th June....OUR PARENT DAY PRESENTATIONS date! They have hired it out for a function!

I will try to find an alternative. Schools are writing exams and usually will not hire the hall out for the duration so it probably won't be at a school.  Will keep you posted though.

It's been a bit of a crazy week all round! (See previous posting too!) One of our Youth accidentaly broke a chair on Tuesday at our studio there. All she did was SIT in it and the back legs buckled in, and she fell backwards flat onto her coccyx! Fortunately it does not seem she was injured!
The management of the church hall I hire were not in the least 'understanding'. They were immediately hostile about the incident and did not even enquire whether my student was injured or not. Their only concern seemed to be that a chair had been broken, a chair they insist was in good repair and could not have broken by simply being sat upon, and that someone needs to pay for it. I could not understand their hostile attitude as in the 9 years I have been using the hall, there has never once been any incident to cause them concern! I have always been meticulous in following their rules and instructions, and in leaving the hall as I find it each week. Strange. And really so unfair.
But as soon as I told them, smilingly, that I would happily pay for the chair even though it was an accident and how fortunate that it was a resilient teenager who sat in the chair, and not one of their aged congregation members, their attitude changed, and they became friendlier in return.
So I await the 'bill' for the replacement or repair of the chair. Anything for peace....and to keep the hall. It's not easy to find halls to hire on a regular basis in Bloemfontein!
*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment